OTTAWA HARDCORE SPORTS LEAGUE 2K?
The hardcore sports league has been defunct for a few years. If anyone is interested in starting it up again, all it takes are one or two committed individuals who can maintain an email/phone list, make periodic posts on punkottawa.com and procure the necessary balls/accessories.
If you are interested email ohsl AT punkottawa DOT com!
Choose your weapon: soccer, basketball, football, road hockey, baseball or
dodgeball... Because hardcore is more than music - it's also SPORTS!
Here's the deal:
- The sports league is gonna bring together the strong-weak, nerd-jock, gay-straight, edge-sellout, fat-skinny, tall-midget, male-female elements of ottawa's hardcore punk rock scene.
- Making all you apathetic and lazy dildos do something with your life, or at least your Sunday afternoons. (i.e. realize that you suck at sports.)
- It'll make your summer a lot more fun and mabye you can meet some of those kids you see at every show and akwardly smile at.
- It'll unite the hardcore/punk scene in Ottawa by making everybody become a competitive jerk.
- Games will be on every Sunday, between 3-6pm, starting AS SOON AS POSSIBLE (check punkottawa.com message board general section for current info). So clear your Sunday afternoons, and tell your boss to eat shit.
- All rules to the game being played apply, so if you are some tough attitude carrying idiot, don't bother coming.
- Bring your own equipment. There's nothing worse than showing up to play soccer and no one has brought a ball. The more the merrier. Oh yeah, and no cleats or rollerblades are allowed.
- Bring your own water. And lots of it, other people will want to bum it off of you when they forget theirs.
- Don't show up to be a spectator. Everyone will harass you to play anyway, so you might as well join in before we all fight you.
- Don't be intimidated to show up because you don't know anyone, you'll get to know them and have fun at the same time.
- If it is raining, games are cancelled and will continue with the next sport the following weekend. If it is one of those sketchy days where it might get nice out by 3 pm, use your judgement.
- Teams will be chosen once everyone gets there. You'll pick a number out of a hat, and everyone with that number will be on your team (remember kindergarten?). Each week/sport new teams will be chosen.
- If you really really suck, don't worry, because Gnick is the worst athlete ever born, and he'll make you look good.
How to get involved:
- SHOW UP.
- If you have any questions/suggestions/comments please post them on the punkottawa general board, or you can e-mail ohsl AT punkottawa DOT com.
UP THE PUNX!!!
BASKETBALL: Caged in court (also a park). BRONSON and LAKEVIEW. Take the #4
(HURDMAN) and get off somewhere around 5TH AVE (or just past). WALK, towards
CARLETON U (2-5 mins), it will be on your RIGHT. OR take the #85 (BAYSHORE)
get off at CARLING, walk toward CARLETON U (10-15 mins), and it will be on
your right. OR take the #7 (CARLETON) walk towards CARLING (10-15 mins) and
it will be on your left.
FOOTBALL/DODGEBALL: Sandy Hill Community Centre. 250 Somerset EAST. Take
the #16 (ALTA VISTA) or walk from downtown (10-20 mins, depending where
you're coming from) Go up KING EDWARD (toward Ottawa u). turn LEFT on
BASEBALL: Baseball diamond right at the community center right behind Pure
Gelato (350 ELGIN). Walk there from Rideau Centre you lazy bastards. OR take
the #14 (IRIS). and get off around Pure Gelato. Watch out for the cougars,
sometimes they don't only come out at night.