PUNKOTTAWA.COM
SHOWS

General: VIEW TOPIC

You are not logged in. Feel free to login or to register a new username.

Subject: Where are they now?? Ottawa band edition.
Pages: 1 2 3

: post reply: post new topic

Author: johann
Subject:
Date: 03/07/12 12:02 am

uppercut wrote:
johann wrote:
uppercut wrote:
the singer from hartsfield then played guitar/sang in a band called "smaller on you" who were pretty good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi4lG9tL0vg dont know if that band is still around

Smaller on You isn't around anymore. The drummer now plays in We Were Sharks and the other guitarist raps in Philly Moves.

did they ever release anything official? i kinda want them on my ipod

They released an EP that's on their Myspace, can't find it anywhere else though.

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: moesplant
Subject:
Date: 03/07/12 2:03 am

I want to get Ottawa Obituary going again. If anyone has any entry's email me: jeff@fwysrecords.com

Maybe email me a download link, bio or review of the band/album. Memory of your favourite show. Genre. If you were in the band, a tour story, show story, anything!

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: uppercut
Subject:
Date: 03/07/12 11:50 am

moesplant wrote:
I want to get Ottawa Obituary going again. If anyone has any entry's email me: jeff@fwysrecords.com

Maybe email me a download link, bio or review of the band/album. Memory of your favourite show. Genre. If you were in the band, a tour story, show story, anything!

dude im so down to do this

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: three
Subject:
Date: 03/09/12 3:47 pm

van johnson - bill disappeared, he's in the states somewhere probably wanted by the local police. steve & butko play in a band called mass with mike from robot kill city in toronto. gnick is doing awesome theater stuff, the latest show he's producing/acting in is called 'live from the belly of a whale' and it's pretty awesome, you can see it at the gtct. i play in big dick with johnny from the marxists & party knives with dudes from the marxists, token & 7 layers.

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: three
Subject:
Date: 03/09/12 3:51 pm

uppercut wrote:
moesplant wrote:

draw a family tree of band members, that would be interesting.

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: xninjax
Subject:
Date: 03/09/12 5:45 pm

three wrote:
uppercut wrote:
moesplant wrote:

I was seriously just signing in to write these EXACT words.

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: ken vermin
Subject:
Date: 03/11/12 10:00 pm

xninjax wrote:
three wrote:
uppercut wrote:
moesplant wrote:

I was seriously just signing in to write these EXACT words.

Dave Faught (Drummer for the Goddamn, Resin Scraper, moral hazard, blackball, original four-stroke drummer, and original drummer for Good2Go among others) loves drawing up complicated band family trees... So I have a couple of versions of ones that he did for bands that he was in.

It can get right fucking incestuous after awhile...

12/14/12 Centretown Recording Alliance Holiday Bash, 8$, Dekcuf
12/29 Normals, Plunt, four-stroke, Zaphods

www.myspace.com/fourstroke
www.reverbnation.com/fourstroke
www.twitter.com/4strokepunk
www.twitter.com/cyrusarchy

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: brian613
Subject:
Date: 03/14/12 2:41 pm

most interesting thread i've seen on this board in years

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: we_fall_down
Subject:
Date: 03/14/12 10:03 pm

brian613 wrote:

truth!

every older person on this board probably has a good memory (or multiple depending on how active they were in show-going) of atleast one of the bands mentioned in the initial blurb...it sucks that the energy that propelled ottawa's scene back then didnt tranfer (or translate) in the same capacity to the new waves of kids that inherited it. yes, little blotches of the old spark still shine through periodically, but no one can argue that things nowdays arent seemingly half as thriving or flourishing.

anyways, enough 'back in my days, things were different' retrospect...more importantly, what happened to those junkedcamera guys?!

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: xninjax
Subject:
Date: 03/14/12 10:36 pm

brian613 wrote:

....and probably the only positive contribution i have ever made to punkottawa.

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: ScallyCapBrat
Subject:
Date: 03/21/12 7:50 pm

Everyday

Thats hartsfield's video for everyday that I posted to my myspace almost 6 years ago.

Katya

The Hartsfield cd ^

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: daveyonly
Subject:
Date: 03/23/12 4:55 pm

^^^^^^^
L O L

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: RoadDogg
Subject:
Date: 03/24/12 9:51 am

I tried to download the CD but the Mediafire link isn't working!
"the low point was clearly Team Badmosh, consisting of Wifebeater guy, completely bald guy, and the rest of the cheering-all-together-at-the-wrong-time and arms-around-each-other and worst-dancers-ever crew. Absolute morons."

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: Melody.
Subject:
Date: 03/25/12 10:17 pm

arturo00 wrote:
we_fall_down wrote:

For The Mathematics
the band's bassist on their last two releases, liam jaegar, went on to form the Balconies, playing drums alongside girlfriend jacquie from Amos the Transparent: http://thebalconiesband.wordpress.com

Just a quick correction. She played in Jetplanes of Abraham, not Amos the Transparent.

Robb (and Clayton, I think?) moved to Toronto a couple of years ago. Last I heard from them was Higher Rites, they had a 2010 release: http://www.myspace.com/higherrites

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: Potonka
Subject:
Date: 03/27/12 10:54 am

Does anyone know where Mog Ruith members ended up? One of the best metal acts Ottawa produced. Very short lived though.

[ Reply with quote ]

: post reply: post new topic

Pages: 1 2 3