PUNKOTTAWA.COM
SHOWS

General: VIEW TOPIC

You are not logged in. Feel free to login or to register a new username.

Subject: edge breaking stories
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

: post reply: post new topic

Author: Alison,
Subject:
Date: 01/12/09 6:56 pm

_matth wrote:
i love hallucinogens. i think the straight concious mind misses out on alot. theres alot to be learned about yourself tripping out on shrooms in cottage country.

Agreed.

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: 33.3revolutions
Subject:
Date: 01/12/09 11:01 pm

malcolm wrote:
i always get a kick out of kids who say they're edge.

if you're under 19 your not edge, just a law-abiding citizen.

Thats bullshit, there's way more to straight edge and drinking than the law.

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: RissyKissy
Subject:
Date: 01/12/09 11:05 pm

drugs are bad, and i quit smoking almost 2 years ago.
i drank very heavily for a very long time, and had a real issue with alcohol. i quit drinking and have now been sober for 5 years and 2 months. very proud.

though i do miss drinking quite a bit lately.

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: Musky
Subject: Re: edge breaking stories
Date: 01/13/09 9:35 am

In high school a good friend of mine was straightedge for about 1.5-2 years. At first he was kind of a dick about it (see: Earth Crisis level of edgitude) and was always badgering me to "go edge". (Can't blame him though.. although he wasn't the only drug free dude back in school, he was the only "straightedge" guy.) Anyway, by the end of it, he was always complaining that he wanted to drink. So I said, "well then fuckin' do it". And he did. He was bummed about it for maybe five minutes.

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: You_Smell
Subject:
Date: 01/13/09 10:19 am

In elementary school I decided I would never drink of smoke or do drugs.
I started drinking in grade 8 because I had no real friends and that was the easiest way to make any.
At grade 9 orientation day at Canterbury High School, a really cool kid named Kyle (Fubz in my hero) asked if I wanted to get high.
Why the hell not? It was like a welcome to high school gathering... I then turned into a huge stoner and was stoned everyday before, after and during class. I then started doing E and going to raves because I was SO FUCKING COOL.
I failed a lot of classes and nearly dropped out due to my drug abuse and lack of motivation to do well.
Now I go to alternate school doing an extra year of school and am trying to keep it clean (on weekdays).
I quit doing pills after being date rape drugged at a rave and losing complete controll. My friend had to half carry me outside and I tried forcing myself to puke to no avail.
I don't know if I regret starting or not seeing as it really changed who I was and fucked me up in all sorts of ways but shit it was fun!
I'm just glad I got over that party garbage early on in life and now know my limit so I can party without being covered in vomit and making a complete ass of myself.
I also learned a lot about doing drugs safely. Don't do street pills. And don't smoke any funny looking weed because it may be laced with PCP and you may run into your principal in the hallway while tripping balls and he may call your parents.
Hurrah for learning!

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: Al Capwn
Subject:
Date: 01/13/09 10:40 am

blahhh..... wrote:
It takes a lot of guts to admit you were on a high school improv team!

i was on my highschool improv team, we placed third in ottawa in 05 and then 11th in the national tournament. it was a fucking awesome time.

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: You_Smell
Subject:
Date: 01/13/09 11:09 am

Al Capwn wrote:
blahhh..... wrote:
It takes a lot of guts to admit you were on a high school improv team!

i was on my highschool improv team, we placed third in ottawa in 05 and then 11th in the national tournament. it was a fucking awesome time.

I always wanted to join the improv team but it's hard to compete with the Canterbury drama kids so I never bothered. The drama kids were the only ones to ever really make the team.

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: xbigunsx
Subject:
Date: 01/13/09 12:33 pm

ATTN: you_smell.

this is an edgebreaking thread. your story (stories) has/have nothing to do with edgebreaking but A LOT to do with complete idiocy.

i figured you can't self-improve without being informed of such things.

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: xDJANIOx
Subject:
Date: 01/13/09 1:25 pm

You_Smell wrote:
In elementary school I decided I would never drink of smoke or do drugs.
I started drinking in grade 8 because I had no real friends and that was the easiest way to make any.
At grade 9 orientation day at Canterbury High School, a really cool kid named Kyle (Fubz in my hero) asked if I wanted to get high.
Why the hell not? It was like a welcome to high school gathering... I then turned into a huge stoner and was stoned everyday before, after and during class. I then started doing E and going to raves because I was SO FUCKING COOL.
I failed a lot of classes and nearly dropped out due to my drug abuse and lack of motivation to do well.
Now I go to alternate school doing an extra year of school and am trying to keep it clean (on weekdays).
I quit doing pills after being date rape drugged at a rave and losing complete controll. My friend had to half carry me outside and I tried forcing myself to puke to no avail.
I don't know if I regret starting or not seeing as it really changed who I was and fucked me up in all sorts of ways but shit it was fun!
I'm just glad I got over that party garbage early on in life and now know my limit so I can party without being covered in vomit and making a complete ass of myself.
I also learned a lot about doing drugs safely. Don't do street pills. And don't smoke any funny looking weed because it may be laced with PCP and you may run into your principal in the hallway while tripping balls and he may call your parents.
Hurrah for learning!

cool story Hansel

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: danhooligan
Subject:
Date: 01/13/09 1:56 pm

xjonx wrote:
drinking is overrated.

false.

http://squareuprecords.com
http://www.howsyouredge.com/swap/display.php?page=1566

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: dan_ashcroft
Subject:
Date: 01/13/09 2:06 pm

xjonx wrote:
Minor Threat are overrated.

holy christ, someone actually said it

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: generic2
Subject:
Date: 01/13/09 2:08 pm

i would love to hear this persons edge breaking story
http://ottawa.en.craigslist.ca/stp/950042420.html

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: xmarifulx
Subject:
Date: 01/13/09 2:12 pm

If you're going to break edge, you have to do it by sniffing coke. Its the only edge break I accept.

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: LeCoach
Subject:
Date: 01/13/09 2:15 pm

danhooligan wrote:
xjonx wrote:
drinking is overrated.

false.

friends on.

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: brian613
Subject: