PUNKOTTAWA.COM
SHOWS

General: VIEW TOPIC

You are not logged in. Feel free to login or to register a new username.

Subject: edge breaking stories
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

: post reply: post new topic

Author: LeCoach
Subject: edge breaking stories
Date: 01/12/09 2:10 am

Let's share one of the most epic/amazing/tragic/beautiful/entertaining part of punk/hardcore.

I never claimed edge publicly but I definitely was. I hated the popular party crowd so much at my school. I wanted to reject everything in the society I saw, parents, school, jocks, government, corporations, Bill Clinton's policies with Iraq. Not smoking, drinking, doing drugs was a crystallized aspect of this for me. I used to like LOVE saying no to beerz, joints and pills and shit. I also didn't wear any brand names clothing. All plain golf shirts and payless shoes, all the time. Anyways, one year I got really heartbroken and went on an insane diet and lost almost a hundred pounds in the matter of 5 and half months. Half way through the diet I was feeling better about myself and was nicer to people at high school and started making friends with people I might have unfairly judged harshly. One night I was having an N64 sleep over night with some of my nerd friends on a March Friday night in 2002. One of them was always sort of cooler and went to parties and smoked weed and shit. He brought a bicycle water bowl that was 3/4 filled with bits and pieces of hard liquor from every bottle of his mothers booze cabinet the other quarter was filled with pepsi. We were walking through a snowy and slushy Barrington park in Orleans next to the Pierre and Mario's Your Independent Grocers and Phil started drinking the disguting shit. When I was edge I liked to laugh at my friends who drank or smoked weed. I wanted Milloy to get drunk to but he refused. He said I had to drink for him to drink. I don't know why but my newly confident self decided to say why the fuck not. As I drank the harsh liquid the mild end of winter air started feeling different on my face. Things seemed funnier and I felt funnier. People laughed more at what I said and it felt awesome. The lack of coordination made me feel like a kid playing tag in the park. But all the while I had a nagging guilt. "WHAT HAVE I DONE, I HAVE BROKEN EDGE, FUCK". I tell my self no, no, it's a one off mistake and I will get back into abstinence forever tomorrow. We got home with the rented movie from rogers (predator). I stole expensive single malt whisky from my dad and mixed with fucking tropicana "with pulp" orange juice. We watched Predator while getting way more fucked up. The muscles in my face start twitching and I am just becoming loud and seemingly awesome. I head to the p.c. and write an email to my punk friend from an exchange program I did with franco-albertain communities 2 hours north of Edmonton. I told him my edge was just dulled and will be resharpened to earth crisis level of edgitude! Time to go to bed we set up our sleeping bags in the basement and the room just starts fucking SPINNING. Today I know what these are and just deal with them. But the first time that shit was seriously frightening! I decide that I need to puke. I get buckets used for chlorine maintenance of our Orléans out-ground pool from the non finished part of the basement. I puke violently in one of them. It was so digusting, I already hate with pulp orange juice that my menopausing mother loved. Puking that artificial pulp fucking sucked and made me dry heave between pukes. Shit sucked hard. The sound of me puking made Milloy barf all the while phil is laughing his ass off. The next morning all fucked up I walk up the stairs with 2 pool buckets filled with whisky brown vomit with pulp. My mother intercepts and ask why we were yelling so late at night to which I reply "Le film Predator rule, maman, c'est pas de notre faute". I then proceed while freaking out about the risk of getting in major trouble if my moms noticed the copious ammounts of vomit I had. I dumped that shit in the toilet and rinsed the fuck out of those buckets. A few months later my high school improv team was fucking robbed in the finals (where we had beat the n.2 and n.1 seed teams in the quarters and semis.). I won the first star which made us getting robbed even worse. A lot of popular C.P.Os came to the finals to support us and they invited me to a bush party near Henry-Larsen. I got drunk and held a really fucking cute girl's hand while having an amazing conversation under the stars (something I would have never done edge). Euphorically walking home in the late spring air I knew I would never be Straight Edge again. It was like a satisfying mutual break ups. The fact sxe and I aren't together doesn't take away any of the beautiful things it did for me (allowed me to finish high shcool and get attached to an awesome music scene) I was just moving on to a new era of my life. I turned 18 that fall and started to love going to bars and there was no turning back to becoming a mental party animal.

SHARE YOUR STORIES! Shout out to xbigunsx, xswimmsx and ian-sxe!

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: blahhh.....
Subject:
Date: 01/12/09 3:18 am

It takes a lot of guts to admit you were on a high school improv team!

- Jeff Tweedy

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: XmargauxX
Subject:
Date: 01/12/09 7:26 am

blahhh..... wrote:

hahahhahahaha what an asshole! you're great iain :)

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: zabbador
Subject:
Date: 01/12/09 8:42 am

I was straight edge, razor sharp, quick witted, and morally responsible for several years, until I was about 8 years old.

Then one day while working at the cottage with my older brother and my dad stacking fire wood, my dad made us lunch. The water wasn't turned on yet, and there was nothing in the fridge, so he served me a beer!
I've been drinking ever since.

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: bobby dukes
Subject:
Date: 01/12/09 9:02 am

I was never edge. One of the reasons for this was because I was also on my schools improv team when I was 14 and was basically an alcoholic by the time I was 16. Regardless, that story is like almost identical to my friends edge breaking story, like to a tee. SHIT HAS BEEN HILARIOUS SINCE!

[ Reply with quote ]

Subject:
Date: 01/12/09 9:05 am

blahhh..... wrote:

You're lucky I'm on parole son...

[ Reply with quote ]

Subject:
Date: 01/12/09 9:06 am

zabbador wrote:
I was straight edge, razor sharp, quick witted, and morally responsible for several years, until I was about 8 years old.

Then one day while working at the cottage with my older brother and my dad stacking fire wood, my dad made us lunch. The water wasn't turned on yet, and there was nothing in the fridge, so he served me a beer!

That's pretty awesome.

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: postman
Subject:
Date: 01/12/09 9:07 am

zabbador wrote:

The cottage with dad was how I started drinking too.

When my parents first bought the lot, we would pretty much be working all weekend, I loved going up when my mother would stay home because my dad and uncles would give me beers as we worked. It made being the beer bitch tolerable.

[ Reply with quote ]

Subject:
Date: 01/12/09 9:36 am

postman wrote:
zabbador wrote:

When my parents first bought the lot, we would pretty much be working all weekend, I loved going up when my mother would stay home because my dad and uncles would give me beers as we worked. It made being the beer bitch tolerable.

rad!
it's the CANADIAN CONDITION!!!

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: almostxgolden
Subject:
Date: 01/12/09 9:43 am

I started drinking when I was about 14 but used to lie and say I was edge so I wouldn't even be suspected of said drinking...

[ Reply with quote ]

Subject:
Date: 01/12/09 9:44 am

although it's not news that I like getting mixxed up at the party, I also think there are a lot of negative things which can happen.

for that reason, being straight edge means you can be proud that you've avoided putting yourself in that vulnerable position where your judgement is altered.

there's probably a lot of dignity in having that knowledge.

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: three
Subject:
Date: 01/12/09 9:59 am

alcohol is responsible for about 80% of my successes in life

alcohol is also responsible for me blacking out and not knowing what happened to my christmas tree a few weeks ago

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: Alison,
Subject:
Date: 01/12/09 10:58 am

I remember back in grade 7 and 8 the people who drank were always talking about how great Smirnoff Ice is and how it tastes like lemonade and all that. So one day me and my cousin who was in grade 6 at the time were chilling and going through our uncles liquor cabinet, and i see a big bottle of Smirnoff Vodka, thinking this is the same thing as Smirnoff Ice I poured us both a glass and we downed that shit, then we both threw up and i guess all our relatives came back up to the cottage and walked in on us throwing up with the bottle on the table. Good times

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: heroinbobsteveo
Subject:
Date: 01/12/09 11:40 am

zabbador wrote:
postman wrote:
zabbador wrote:

rad!
it's the CANADIAN CONDITION!!!

Definately the first time i remember drinking was with my dad. I think he was trying to show me how to drink responsibly. Cleary i failed to get the message as i have woken up under a tree missing some article of clothing more than once.

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: xbigunsx
Subject:
Date: 01/12/09 12:34 pm

my edge breaking story isn't anything special...

fuck my life. so i started drinking.

what has changed? nothing. fuck my life even harder if anything.

but i swear, parties are finally fucking amazing fun. partying with iain is amazing too.

breaking edge was certainly not a mistake. getting edge tattoos was. i still really love pineapple soda, but somedays i love drinking with cory soural way more.

my first edge-breaking drink was with my gf. lychee liquor with iced tea...so damn delicious.

[ Reply with quote ]

: post reply: post new topic

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7