PUNKOTTAWA.COM
SHOWS

General: VIEW TOPIC

You are not logged in. Feel free to login or to register a new username.

Subject: Underground parking garages
Pages: 1 2

: post reply: post new topic

Author: Dropkick_jon
Subject: Underground parking garages
Date: 12/20/09 5:23 pm

The windshield wiper fluid in my car has frozen. There was probably some cheap stuff left over from when I bought my car this past summer (I never used the fluid enough to empty the tank). I topped it off with the winter rated stuff at the start of the winter but it has frozen with the cold weather we've had.

Anyway, all this to say that I need to find a warm place to park my car for a couple hours so that the line can thaw out. I can't think of any heated underground parking garages off the top of my head. Anyone have a suggestion?

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: postman
Subject: Re: Underground parking garages
Date: 12/20/09 6:01 pm

Dropkick_jon wrote:
The windshield wiper fluid in my car has frozen. There was probably some cheap stuff left over from when I bought my car this past summer (I never used the fluid enough to empty the tank). I topped it off with the winter rated stuff at the start of the winter but it has frozen with the cold weather we've had.

Anyway, all this to say that I need to find a warm place to park my car for a couple hours so that the line can thaw out. I can't think of any heated underground parking garages off the top of my head. Anyone have a suggestion?

I think place d'orleans has underground parking.

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: evilhomestereo
Subject:
Date: 12/20/09 6:07 pm

i think you're going to have a hard time finding heated underground parking...

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: Calum
Subject:
Date: 12/20/09 6:09 pm

The Batcave

[ Reply with quote ]

Subject:
Date: 12/20/09 6:19 pm

If underground parking won't work does anyone have a better idea on how to thaw out my wiper fluid tubes?

I would use a hair dryer but part of the tube goes inside the hood. It would be a bitch to take it apart so I can warm it up.

I've added some rubbing alcohol to the container but I don't know if that will melt the ice that has already formed. As far as I know it will just prevent the rest from freezing.

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: chumpion
Subject: YEAH
Date: 12/20/09 7:28 pm

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: galipu
Subject:
Date: 12/20/09 8:26 pm

pretty sure that the parking at world exchange maintains temperatures slightly above 0. I assume your wiper fluid freezes at several degrees below 0?

Hartman's and Loblaw's on Rideau would probably be good places too. Buy a samosa to validate your parking.

Château Laurier would be a good spot too.

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: snowbordin
Subject:
Date: 12/20/09 9:09 pm

It may be easier to find somebody who has a heated garage. I know some people have those so their cars don't get cold in the winter

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: arturo00
Subject:
Date: 12/20/09 9:20 pm

Go to the Hartmans.
www.soundcloud.com/tapewobble
-+Studio+-
www.galleryrecording.weebly.com
-+Synths+-
www.analoguehead.com

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: TonyWorldOrder
Subject:
Date: 12/21/09 9:16 am

The NAC. Definitely heated.

Punk World Order on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/PunkWorldOrder?feature=mhum

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: PointlessR
Subject:
Date: 12/21/09 3:15 pm

Try the parking at the UOttawa Sports Complex (King Edward) in the lower levels. I parked there when I used to work in that building and even though it's not heated it's not necesarely that cold.

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: mtrolley
Subject:
Date: 12/21/09 3:31 pm

Buy a bottle of rubbing alcohol at a drug store and dump it in the washer fluid reservoir. That did the trick for me last year when mine froze.

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: postman
Subject:
Date: 12/21/09 5:27 pm

PointlessR wrote:
Try the parking at the UOttawa Sports Complex (King Edward) in the lower levels. I parked there when I used to work in that building and even though it's not heated it's not necesarely that cold.

The parking lot in Desmarais is heated, usualy 5 or 7 $ for the day during exam time.

[ Reply with quote ]

Subject:
Date: 12/21/09 5:38 pm

mtrolley wrote:
Buy a bottle of rubbing alcohol at a drug store and dump it in the washer fluid reservoir. That did the trick for me last year when mine froze.

I already did that but it hasn't melted all the ice build-up yet. Maybe I need to put more in.

It looks like mother nature could be helping me out. We're supposed to get warmer weather starting Thursday. I think I'll just wait until then to see if that does the trick.

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: mtrolley
Subject:
Date: 12/21/09 6:54 pm

I suppose it would depend on how full your washer fluid was. If it was really full throw another bottle in. Alcohol is how they keep winter fluid from freezing anyway.

[ Reply with quote ]

: post reply: post new topic

Pages: 1 2