PUNKOTTAWA.COM
SHOWS

General: VIEW TOPIC

You are not logged in. Feel free to login or to register a new username.

Subject: which book is better: did 6 million really die? or the bible
Pages: 1 2 3

: post reply: post new topic

Poll: What Book Do You Like Better
Did 6 million really die? By ernest Zundel: 
22%22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
The Bible written by some guy: 
77%77%
 77%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 9

Author: sokz
Subject:
Date: 10/27/09 10:37 am

You mean no one has read the entire bible, not even the king james version? It's only the basis for a huge percentage of western literature... geez...

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: James Woods
Subject:
Date: 10/27/09 4:04 pm

sokz wrote:
You mean no one has read the entire bible, not even the king james version? It's only the basis for a huge percentage of western literature... geez...

seriously.

Raise your hand if you're glad The Passion of the Christ is not the cornerstone of western filmmaking.

I've read the bible. Decent followup to The Epic if Gilgamesh. Seriously dated though.

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: mattvdh
Subject:
Date: 11/01/09 11:55 am

yeah maybe 6 million Jews were murdered; however, around 20 million Russians were killed as well, and nobody seems talks about that for some reason.

War, or the idea of war is about exterminating (or weeding out) the lower classes and profiteering between countries...and religion is the means of instilling control over the mind/spirit and culturally cleansing (if imposed on a foreign country).

[ Reply with quote ]

Subject:
Date: 11/01/09 12:02 pm

James Woods wrote:
sokz wrote:

seriously.

Raise your hand if you're glad The Passion of the Christ is not the cornerstone of western filmmaking.

I've read the bible. Decent followup to The Epic if Gilgamesh. Seriously dated though.

the passion of the christ was the most brutal movie ever made. mel gibson is just ruthless.

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: KunkaHead
Subject:
Date: 11/01/09 12:50 pm

I'm all for people writing whichever books they want to write. If the subject matter turns out to be ridiculous (like an argument denying that the Holocaust happened) then it will be out in the open for everyone to see and critique.

It seems like people in the argument just to prove that not AS MANY Jews died as is commonly agreed on are in the argument for some ulterior motive but who knows, maybe someone is into the semantics of that. I don't know how many historians are still hotly debating how many Japanese people died at Hiroshima or if the Spanish Inquisition killed 1000 or 2000 homosexuals (I could be way off with my numbers, the point is that its still awful). How much does that really matter?
http://www.myspace.com/flightofthehawk

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: Tryptamine
Subject:
Date: 11/01/09 1:06 pm

KunkaHead wrote:
I'm all for people writing whichever books they want to write. If the subject matter turns out to be ridiculous (like an argument denying that the Holocaust happened) then it will be out in the open for everyone to see and critique.

It seems like people in the argument just to prove that not AS MANY Jews died as is commonly agreed on are in the argument for some ulterior motive but who knows, maybe someone is into the semantics of that. I don't know how many historians are still hotly debating how many Japanese people died at Hiroshima or if the Spanish Inquisition killed 1000 or 2000 homosexuals (I could be way off with my numbers, the point is that its still awful). How much does that really matter?

When your government has to bust out cheques for the stupidity of the old one, the numbers matter.

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: postman
Subject:
Date: 11/01/09 4:25 pm

Tryptamine wrote:
KunkaHead wrote:

When your government has to bust out cheques for the stupidity of the old one, the numbers matter.

What are you talking about ?

[ Reply with quote ]

Subject:
Date: 11/01/09 4:30 pm

postman wrote:
Tryptamine wrote:
KunkaHead wrote:

'symbolic' appologies for dumb things done in the past are a bigger deal when more people are affected ?

[ Reply with quote ]

Subject:
Date: 11/01/09 4:54 pm

Tryptamine wrote:
postman wrote:
Tryptamine wrote:
KunkaHead wrote:

'symbolic' appologies for dumb things done in the past are a bigger deal when more people are affected ?

Such a vague statement. Whichever way you put it though, I don't think there is a sum of money great enough hat we could come up with in order to compensate the sacrifices of our ancestors during the 1st and 2nd world war. As a matter of fact, if anything they have been under compensated and the least we can do is show our appreciation through various remembrance ceremonies.

Its easy to look at what happen today and call it stupid. Nor We or our parents have ever felt threatened or faced hardship remotely close to what are great grandparents and grandparents faced. Yet we benefit from there sacrifices on a daily basis.

Maybe you should pick up a few history books, not just the one provided to you in your grade 10 history class, and you will quickly learn that the decisions to go to war were well thought out and not as stupid or irrational as your comments seem to suggest.

[ Reply with quote ]

Subject:
Date: 11/01/09 5:33 pm

postman wrote:
Tryptamine wrote:
postman wrote:
Tryptamine wrote:
KunkaHead wrote:

Such a vague statement. Whichever way you put it though, I don't think there is a sum of money great enough hat we could come up with in order to compensate the sacrifices of our ancestors during the 1st and 2nd world war. As a matter of fact, if anything they have been under compensated and the least we can do is show our appreciation through various remembrance ceremonies.

Its easy to look at what happen today and call it stupid. Nor We or our parents have ever felt threatened or faced hardship remotely close to what are great grandparents and grandparents faced. Yet we benefit from there sacrifices on a daily basis.

Maybe you should pick up a few history books, not just the one provided to you in your grade 10 history class, and you will quickly learn that the decisions to go to war were well thought out and not as stupid or irrational as your comments seem to suggest.

Hey man, I was simply saying why some groups 'count' the numbers. I'm aware it's usually the wrong side who's trying to justify these numbers too.

And if I'm being vague it's because I don't want to bother composing long replies to something I'm not even debating on.

We Coo' G ?

[ Reply with quote ]

Subject:
Date: 11/01/09 6:37 pm

Tryptamine wrote:
postman wrote:
Tryptamine wrote:
postman wrote:
Tryptamine wrote:
KunkaHead wrote:

Hey man, I was simply saying why some groups 'count' the numbers. I'm aware it's usually the wrong side who's trying to justify these numbers too.

And if I'm being vague it's because I don't want to bother composing long replies to something I'm not even debating on.

We Coo' G ?

S'all good,

[ Reply with quote ]

Subject:
Date: 11/01/09 8:31 pm

that's swell, why don't you guys kiss and give eachother handjobs?

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: Blood_Axe
Subject:
Date: 11/02/09 3:19 am

mattvdh wrote:
James Woods wrote:
sokz wrote:

seriously.

the passion of the christ was the most brutal movie ever made. mel gibson is just ruthless.

WAS IT SUPER HEAVY AND HAVE LOTS OF BREAKDOWNS AND MAD BLAST BEATS AND LOTS OF SWEEPS AND SHIT BRO?

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: James Woods
Subject:
Date: 11/02/09 12:26 pm

Blood_Axe wrote:
mattvdh wrote:
James Woods wrote:
sokz wrote:

seriously.

WAS IT SUPER HEAVY AND HAVE LOTS OF BREAKDOWNS AND MAD BLAST BEATS AND LOTS OF SWEEPS AND SHIT BRO?

No, it's a movie about Jesus bring crucified.

[ Reply with quote ]

Author: Blood_Axe
Subject:
Date: 11/02/09 1:04 pm

really?

[ Reply with quote ]

: post reply: post new topic

Pages: 1 2 3